By providing your personal data to us, you acknowledge and agree that you have fully read and understood this policy, and consent to the collection, use, processing and disclosure of your personal data as described in this policy.
1. Personal Data collection
a. “Individual” (or “you”) means a natural person, whether living or deceased and “Individuals” (and “your”) shall be construed accordingly;
b. “Personal Data” means data that is capable of identifying an Individual, whether on its own or in conjunction with other data accessible to us; defined in the Personal Data Protection Act as “data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified — a) from that data; or b) from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access”.
Personal data that we collect and use includes your full name, contact details, address, email address, date of birth, passport/IC no., photo/video of yourself with your identification document and any other information that may be relevant in order for us to provide its services.
2. How we collect Personal Data
Your personal data may be collected by us, directly or indirectly from you or authorized representative in a few ways, for example:
- when you enter your data in our registration forms.
- when you visit our office premise
- when you attend events organized by us
- when you communicate with us and send your Personal Data by telephone, text messages, email, via our website or through other communication channels, or through social media platforms.
- when you submit your resume when you applied for a position
- when you submit your personal data to us for any other reason.
- we may collect your personal data through third party marketing service providers
- from public agencies or other public sources.
- if you do provide us with personal data of other persons, you warrant that you have informed the person of the purposes of which we are collecting the personal data and that he/she has consented to your disclosure of his/her personal data to us. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims by such individuals relating to our collection, use and disclosure of such personal data in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
- we may also collect personal data when you visit our website for the purpose of improving user experience, the data will not be able to identify you individually.
3. Purposes for collection and use of your Personal Data
All Information provided will be used for the purposes of complying with applicable legal laws, regulations and other requirements (including the regulatory and industry association reporting obligations), performing internal audits.
Responding to queries and provide information or advice about existing and new products and services.
We will not share any information collected with any non-authorised third parties.
We use email, social media to communicate with clients regarding their requests and services provided.
We will occasionally notify you of our new services and corporate special offers via applications or e-mail updates.
Your personal data is provided to us on a voluntary basis. By applying this Policy, you:
- have consented to us which enable us to facilitate you with the best quality products, services or communications, attending to you and/or relevant transactions.
We may obtain your consent by any of the following means:
a) via express provisions in a contract, application form and/or registration form to be signed with or submitted to us;
b) via notifications on our websites;
Withdrawal of consent
You may withdraw consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data. We respect the choice you made in this regard. You may notify us in writing to our contact details below. Your request will be attended to promptly upon the receipt of your notice ( estimate up to 4 weeks processing time) for the change to take effect.
5. Access and correction of Personal data
If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any information that you have provided to us, please email us at email@example.com. Relevant forms to update or change your personal data will be made available to your submission to us.
We may disclose your personal data and business information to companies and various third party organizations which include:
a. to regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or any other third party to whom disclosure is permitted or required by any applicable law or regulation;
b. Our lawyers / accountants / auditors or other advisors; third party service providers or agents, information technology such as web-hosting or other services;
i. any agents acting on our behalf; and
ii. other retailers / business partners / credit information companies / bureaus for the purpose of credit evaluation and debt recovery/collection.
c. to other parties where we have your consent.
7. Access to and correction of Personal Data
a. If you wish to request access, update or otherwise change or remove any information that you have provided to us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. When you request access to your Personal Data within our possession or control, we will seek to provide you with the relevant information within 14 days.
c. Upon your written request, we will correct any inaccurate Personal Data that is within our possession or control within 14 days.
8. Retention Limitation
PDPA requires us not to retain your documents containing personal data longer than necessary.
We will only retain your data for as long as we have a business relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, or where we are required by law to retain it.
Upon the expiry of time relating to any business needs or legal requirements to retain your Personal Data we will ensure that your Personal Data is deleted or anonymised.
For unsuccessful job applicants, we will retain your Personal Data for no longer than 1 year for the purposes of evaluating your suitability for future job openings unless you inform us.
If you have any queries or comments on this Policy or the use of your personal data, please contact:
Data Protection Officer